The Department has been conducting various Outreach and Extension activities since its inception, following are some the activities undertaken.
A. Extension services to Sports Organizations
Faculty members of the department are providing support to the coaches in different sporting disciplines through teaching them application of scientific principles, testing fitness of the athletes and also providing solutions to specific issues related to analysis of performance of the sports persons.
- Physical Fitness Test Camp of U-19 Footballers of Chandannagore Sporting Association (CSA) – 10 Dec 2022
- Physical Fitness Test and Selection trial of Table Tennis Players at Bengal Table Tennis Academy (BTTA) – 02-03 April 2022
B. Yoga Camps, Fests, etc
- Yoga Students participated in All India Inter University Yogasana Championship held in KIIT Bhubaneswar – 26-29 Dec 2022
- Yoga Students participated in All India Inter University Yogasana Championship held in KIIT Bhubaneswar – 25-28 Dec 2021
- Yogasana demonstration by RKMVERI Yoga Students at Raja Rammohan Roy Library Foundation, Kolkata – 21 June 2021
- 5 day Yoga Camp at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Narainpur, Chhattisgarh – 14-18 Dec 2019
- Internship of students of PG Diploma in Yoga at Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM), Chennai – Dec 2018
- Yoga Fest – 2017, at Belur Main Campus
- In-house Yoga competition – 2016
- Yoga Camps – June 2016
C. International Day of Yoga (on 21st of June every year)
- 9th International Day of Yoga – 2023
- 8th International Day of Yoga – 2022
- 7th International Day of Yoga – 2021
- 5th International Day of Yoga – 2019
- 4th International Day of Yoga – 2018
- 3rd International Day of Yoga – 2017
In order to pass on the benefits of Yoga to the community, in particular to the students of the University, the Department of Sports Science and Yoga has launched a YOGA FOR STUDENTS program in January 2019.
E. Swami Vivekananda District Yoga wellness Centre (SVDYWC)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute had been identified as a Nodal Institute for District Yoga Wellness Centre Scheme of the Department of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India from 2010 to 2013. For all the details of the Scheme, please visit the website of Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, New Delhi.
Details: click here