|Name of faculty
|Broad area of research
|Sub areas of research
|Neuroscience, Yoga & Sports Science
- Understanding the functional and structural brain plasticity and cognition in chronic pain.
- Effect of Mind-Body Interventions in brain function
- Cognition and Emotional Control in Sports.
- Neurophysiology of Consciousness
- Understanding the Brain Network Plasticity in Chronic Neuropathic Low Back Pain- A Case Control Observational Study.
- Effect of various exercise training on brain function
- The effect of balancing yogic postures and its impact on brain cognition.
|Biochemistry & Sports Science
|Immuno-genetics of dilated cardiomyopathy and autoimmune endocrine diseases
- Genetic predisposition and immune dysregulation in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (IDCM)
- Genetic polymorphism and intracellular stress pathways in PBMCs in Graves’ disease and Hashimoto thyroiditis
- Role of Vit-D receptor polymorphism in autoimmune disorders
- Multi-modal brain imaging of brain disorders,
- Neuroimaging genetics,
- Non-invasive brain imaging/ brain mapping method development.
- Understanding the structural and functional abnormalities of brain circuits in mental disorders and in addiction using cutting-edge multi-modal brain imaging (MRI, fMRI and Diffusion Tensor Imaging).
- Genetic correlates of brain structure and function in health and in diseases.
- Development of new computational approaches for non-invasive brain imaging data analysis/ brain mapping.
|Yoga & Sports Science
- Fundamental and applied sports and exercise physiology
- Sports genetics
- Developing talent identification tool in sports with cardiorespiratory efficacy and genetic testing
- Effect of exercise and training on cardio-respiratory functions and sports performance
- Effect of various asanas on cardio-respiratory functions – a chronobiological approach
|Manohar Kumar Pahan
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Training
- Sports Profiling
- Training plan and technique development
- Psychological profiling of individual and team sports.
- Identification and development of sporting potentials based on psychological and biomotor abilities.
- Psychological skill training for developing commitment, control, confidence and concentration in sports participants.
- Means and methods of developing biomotor abilities for athletes of young age
|Dr Kalipada Pal
|Ayurveda and Naturopathy
- Āyurvedic Treatment in Knee Osteoarthritis
- Āyurvedic and Yogic intervention in chronic low back pain
|Dr Santi Ranjan Dasgupta
|Analysis of sports related injuries, rehabilitation and Intervention