Admission to PhD in Sports Science for academic year 2023-24
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. in Sports Science programme for academic year 2023-24 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Admission notice updated on 09 Feb 2023.
- Applications are continuously accepted. They will be reviewed within a couple of weeks subject to the convenience of the faculty-members.
Candidates must have passed Masters Degree (full time, regular mode) in any of the following subjects from recognized University/Institute in India or abroad with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) or equivalent grade. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade will be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
- M.Sc in Sports Science/ Exercise & Sports Science/ Exercise Physiology/ Sports Biomechanics/ Sports Biochemistry/ Sports Nutrition/Sports Coaching – with UGC-NET / CSIR-NET/ ICMR-NET / DST-INSPIRE qualification in relevant Major.
- M.Sc in Physiology/ allied subjects (related to sports sciences) with UGC-NET / CSIR-NET/ ICMR-NET / DST-INSPIRE
Note: Candidates clearing UGC-NET / CSIR-NET/ ICMR-NET / DST-INSPIRE are eligible, candidates with JRF award are preferred.
- 30 years as on 09-02-2023 (for General category). Age relaxation for reserved categories as per UGC rules.
How to Apply
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Certificate / Final marks sheet of Masters degree (candidates awaiting final semester marksheet of Masters degree can submit marks sheet of first,second and third semesters)
- Certificate and all marks sheets of Bachelors degree
- UGC-NET/JRF certificate is not mandatory. If candidates have qualified, they may provide it.
- Caste certificate (if applicable) [to be submitted at the time of Interview]
- One page research proposal stating the field of interest (preferably in tune with the current research activities of the Department, which can be found in https://sy.rkmvu.ac.in/faculty/ and https://sy.rkmvu.ac.in/research/ )
- Applications are continuously accepted. They will be reviewed as per the convenience of the faculties.
- Shortlisted candidates who have cleared UGC NET/NET-JRF will be called for an interview (no written admission test for such candidates)
- Shortlisted candidates without UGC NET score will have to appear for admission test / entrance test in regular/offline mode. The format of entrance test examination will be 50% of research methodology, and 50% shall be subject specific, as per University Grants Commission Minimum Standards and Procedures for Award of Ph.D. Degree Regulations, 2022. Candidates who will secure at least 50% marks in the entrance test are eligible to be called for the interview. Final selection will be based on performance in the admission test and interview.
Hostel facility is available for a limited number of students who are serious and willing to abide by the hostel discipline. Students have to apply separately for hostel facility during admission (Hostel Application form can be obtained from Admission office). The students selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Hostel fee structure: RKMVERI Belur Campus Hostel Fees
- Academic queries:
- Coordinator, SSY : ,
- For any technical query/issues (with online application, fee payment, etc.)
- Avishek Mondal (), Sourav Paul ()