Under the aegis of UNESCO Chair in Inclusive Adapted Physical Education and Yoga (ID 1004)
Note: Workshop (Offline) and Seminar (Online + Offline = Hybrid mode)
Motivation, effective training, 360 degree scientific support, nutrition, tactical planning and other aspects play a role in sporting success. India’s performance in the recently concluded Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, where India won 7 medals including one precious gold medal won by Neeraj Chopra in Javelin throw, signifies the importance of proper training and recovery management. An incredible 19 medals achievement in Paralympics, including 5 gold medals, further demonstrated the importance of scientific support during training. To compete and level with the internationally leading countries in sports arena, it is necessary for Indian support staff, aspiring professionals, and students to develop skills by using latest technologies and advanced tools to analyse athletes and provide necessary suggestions to improve performance.
To cater this modern-era of scientific approach to sports, Department of Sports Science and Yoga of RKMVERI, Belur Math, West Bengal is organizing a one day National level seminar on ‘Frontiers in Sports Science’. Four pre-seminar workshops will be held. Students and delegates can choose any one workshop. Each workshop will have a maximum of ten participants. During the registration procedure, participants can give workshop preference.
End of the session the participants will be able to understand importance of sports science, techniques, and how sports science support helps in improving health, fitness and performance.
Click here for YouTube Live Stream
Who can Attend
- Workshop: MSc, NPED, PhD & Medical students of Sports Science / Sports Physiology/ Bio Chemistry/ Nutrition/ Physiology/ Life Science/ Micro Biology/ Bio Technology/ Molecular Biology/ Exercise Physiology/ Physical Education/ allied subjects (Bio Science etc.). Please mention your preference order during application. After reviewing all applications, one workshop will be assigned to each applicant. Students are encouraged to apply early as slots are limited in each workshop.
- Seminar is open to all individuals interested in Sports
16 April 2022 (Day 1) – Workshop (10am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm)
- Workshop on ‘Modern Techniques in Exercise Physiology’
- Workshop on ‘Cognitive Assessment with EEG’
- Workshop on ‘Strength Training with Calisthenics’
- Workshop on ‘Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation’
17 April 2022 (Day 2) – Seminar on ‘Frontiers in Sports Science’: (10am-1pm, 2pm-4pm)
Note: Online link for the seminar will be given here
- Swami Atmapriyananda (Hon’ble Pro Chancellor, RKMVERI) – Invocation address
- Swami Sarvottamananda (Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, RKMVERI) – Welcome address
- Shri Sandip Pradhan (Director General, Sports Authority of India) – Keynote address (online)
- Shri Ajit Banerjee, President IFA, West Bengal and Executive Member Indian Olympic Association
- Shri Joydeb Das (Deputy Secretary, Department of Youth Services & Sports Govt. of W.B).
- Dr. A.S. Sajwan (Registrar, LNIPE Gwalior)
- Dr. Snehunsu Adhikari (Scientific Officer, Sports Authority of India, Kolkata)
- Dr. Amit Bandopadhyay (Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology, Calcutta University)
- Dr. P. Rajini Kumar, (Assistant Professor, Department of Exercise Physiology and Sports Biomechanics TNPES University, Chennai (online)
- Professor Giridharan Rangaraj (UNESCO Chair and HoD GAPEY, RKMVERI) (online)
- Dr. Jaiprakash Verma (Vice-chancellor, Aniruddhadev Sports University, Assam) (online)
- Br. Mrinmay Maharaj – Coordinator, Dept. of Sports Science & Yoga, RKMVERI
- For Students: Rs. 300/-
- For Others: Rs. 500/-
ATMAVIKAS, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Belur Math, Howrah, West Bengal
- Registration & payment start date: 10th March 2022
- Registration & payment end date: 14th April 2022
- Allocation of workshops: 15th April 2022
- Workshop (offline): 16th April 2022 (11am – 4pm)
- Seminar (hybrid mode): 17th April 2022
Limited accommodation is available only for outstation students willing to attend workshop. Candidates may send email request with proof of studentship and residence proof to
For queries send email to the Coordinator, Sports Science & Yoga ()