Motivation, effective training, 360 degree scientific support, nutrition, tactical planning and other aspects play a role in sporting success. India’s performance in the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics and Paralympics, where India won 7 medals including one precious gold medal won by Neeraj Chopra in Javelin throw, signifies the importance of proper training and recovery management. An incredible 19 medals achievement in Paralympics, including 5 gold medals, further demonstrated the importance of scientific support during training. To compete and level with the internationally leading countries in sports arena and to cater in the modern-era of scientific approach to sports, it is necessary for our nation to have skillful knowledgeable sports science professionals those who can use latest technologies and advanced tools to analyse athletes and provide necessary suggestions to improve health, fitness and performance.
Therefore, the Department of Sports Science and Yoga of RKMVERI, Belur Math is organizing a one day open house career counseling for the final semester bachelor students from various disciplines on 23 July 2023.
In this open house, the aspiring students from various Universities will have the opportunity to interact with faculty members, understand about the importance and opportunities of studying sports science, how sports science support helps, and to visit various sports science laboratories.
This ‘Open House’ is being conducted under the aegis of UNESCO Chair in Inclusive Adapted Physical Education and Yoga (ID 1004).
Who can attend ?
Students who are in the final year of B.Sc (any stream), BE/BTech, BSc (Physical Education). Students who have passed these streams in last 3 yrs can also apply.
Note: Student ID to be submitted during registration
Last date to Register online: 21 Jul 2023
- 10.30 am: Inauguration of open house – Swami Vidyapradananda, Head, SSY
- 10.30 am – 10.45 am: What is Sports Science? by Prof Arnab Das, Asst. Professor, SSY
- 10.45 am – 11.00 am: Sports Science as a Career by Prof. Manohar Pahan, Asst. Professor, SSY
- 11.00 am – 11.30 am: Sports Science Career in Corporate India, by Neha C Kamani, Odissa Novel Tata Hockey Academy, Bhubaneswar
- 11.30 pm – 12.00 pm: Sports Science Career in India, Mr G M Mehebub Mostafa Director, Bengal Archery Academy, Jhargram
- 12.00 pm – 12.30 pm: Sports Science Career in Government Sector, Sayojit Mukherjee, CEO, Bengal Table Tennis Academy, Yuba Bharati Kridangan, Salt Lake Kolkata
Atmavikas, RKMVERI, Belur Main Campus