Applications are invited for Post Doctoral Fellow position in Sports Science in the Department of Sports Science and Yoga, under the ‘School of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physical Education, Belur Campus, Howrah, West Bengal
Name of the post: Post Doctoral Fellow in Sports Science
No. post : 1
- B. Sc. (Hons) in Physiology/Life Sciences/Physics from a reputed University.
- M.Sc. in Physiology/Life Sciences/Physics/Sports Science from a reputed University. M.Sc. specialization in the field of Sports Physiology / Work Physiology and Ergonomics/ Exercise physiology will be preferred.
- Ph. D in Physiology / Biomedical Engineering / Sports Physiology / Sports Science/ Exercise Science from a reputed University.
- Qualified in National Eligibility Test (NET) in subjects most closely related to Sports Science
- Minimum 2 years work experience/research in the field of sports physiology/ ergonomics (after completion of Ph.D. degree)
- A good track record of research in the area of sports physiology/ ergonomics
** Candidates with exceptional academic qualification and research track will be considered for the position of Assistant Professor.
Fellowship & allowances will be given as per Institute norms.
Instructions for applicants:
- Candidates may submit their applications in the prescribed format, along with copies of the certificates duly attested regarding qualifications, date of birth, caste (if needed), and work experience, etc. The application form duly completed in all respects should be sent to:
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational & Research Institute
P.O. Belur Math, Dist. Howrah 711202
The applications must reach the following address on or before 31 December 2018.
- On the top of the envelope containing the application, please write: Application for the post of ‘Post Doctoral Fellow position in Department of Sports Science and Yoga’.
- Please send a soft copy of the filled in application along with an updated CV and research statement to the following email address
- Please arrange to send three recommendation letters directly to the email address
- In-service candidates should forward their application through proper channel. No objection certificate has to be produced at the time of interview.
- The University reserves the right not to fill up any of the vacancies advertised in case of non-availability of suitable candidate.
- Please provide only a list of peer reviewed publications if any along with their impact factor. The actual reprints/photocopies should not be sent with the application at this stage. They must be produced at the time of interview.
- The University reserves the right to reject any application form due to non-observance of these instructions. Further communication will not be made in this connection.