Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga
The overall objective and goal of the course is to create manpower to help social transformation by creating awareness about Yogic practices and its usefulness in reduction of stress and physical ailments. The students undergoing this course would be able to teach Yoga in schools, colleges and to the population. Specific objectives of the course are given below.
Objectives of the course
- Promoting positive health, prevention of stress related health problems and rehabilitation through Yoga.
- Integral approach of Yoga to common ailments.
- Imparting skills for introducing : Yoga for health to general public, and Yoga for total personality development of students in Colleges and Universities.
- Invoke scientific attitude and team spirit to channelize their energies in to creative and constructive endeavors.
- To enable them to establish Yoga training centers in the service of society at large.
1. PG Diploma in Yoga (PGDY 1 year Full time Course)
Session starts in July.
Eligibility: Graduate in any subject (including B.P.T & B.P.Ed.) with minimum 50% marks from any recognized University. Age limit- 35 yrs.
The content of the courses have been designed in the light of and in tune with the model syllabus given by University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
Subjects to be taught are as follows:
- Foundations of Yoga
- Hatha Yoga
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Yogic Life Style
- Yoga Practical Papers – I & II
- Assignments & Self Appraisals
- Essence of Principal Upanishads and Bhagavad Gita
- Patanjala Yoga Darshana
- Applied Yoga
- Methods of Teaching Yoga
- Yoga Practical Papers – III & IV
- Teaching Practice
- Naturopathy with practical & Introductory Ayurveda
Certificate Course in Yoga
This is a 1 year part time programme. Classes are held on weekend (Saturdays and Sundays).
The course content has been developed following the UGC guidelines for Yoga.