Next batch of admissions for all Sports Science and Yoga programs are scheduled to take place in the next academic-session 2021-22
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. in Yoga to be conducted at University’s Main campus at Belur during the academic session 2019-20.
The Department of Sports Science and Yoga conducts scientific research on the physiological and psychological changes due to yogic practices and their applications in human performance, cognitive neuroscience, tolerance to hazardous environment and areas related to alleviation of human suffering to enhance quality of life. Applications are invited for Ph.D. program in Yoga from students who have completed M.A / M.Sc in Yoga. Students who have completed M.Sc in various science subjects and who have an interest on Yoga, are also encouraged to apply.
- M.Sc. Yoga/ M.A Yoga from a recognised University with UGC-NET (preferably JRF)
- M.Sc. in other scientific disciplines which fits into various aspects of Yoga (for example, Physiology, Physics, Psychology, Biophysics, Nutrition, Biochemistry etc.) with NET qualification in relevant major.
- M.B.B.S/ B.H.M.S/B.A.M.S
- Minimum 55% marks in the Masters degree (5% relaxation in minimum eligibility marks for SC, ST, PH and OBC candidates)
Note: Students appearing for final exam of Masters degree in 2019 can apply with mark sheet of first year exam. Click here for Model Question Paper for Ph.D. in Yoga
- 30 years as on 01-08-2019 (General category). Age relaxation for reserved categories as per UGC rules.
Candidates should apply ONLINE (or, OFFLINE application in prescribed format) with the following documents,
- Certificate / Final mark sheet of M.A/M.Sc. degree (candidates appearing for final exam of Master’s degree can submit mark sheet of first year)
- NET/JRF certificate, if applicable,
- One page research proposal stating the field/project of interest
- Shortlisted JRF candidates will be contacted and called for inteview.
- Shortlisted non-JRF candidates will have to appear for Research Eligibility Test (RET)
Course Fee :
|Fee Component||1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester (Onward)|
|Admission cum Registration||5,000||0||0|
|Caution Deposit (refundable)||3,000||0||0|
|Online Convenience fee||200||150||100|
|Payment Due Date||At the time of Admission||Beginning of 2nd semester||Beginning of 3rd semester|