Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. in Sports Science to be conducted at University’s Main campus at Belur during the academic session 2019-20.
- Exercise Physiology / Science in Sports
- Bio mechanical aids for Sports
- Performance enhancement of sports (through scientific analysis of metabolism, pharmacology, physiology, diet and nutrition, and through low cost innovative instrumentation)
- Adapted Sports (sports for the disabled)
- Health and lifestyle improvement in disable persons by means of specific training program and health analysis encompassing exercise physiology, biochemistry, biomechanics, computational statistics
- Translational research involving exercise physiology, cardio-pulmonary system and cellular metabolism to evaluate and improve performance in sports persons.
- M.Sc in Exercise & Sports Sciences, Sports Nutrition, Sports Management, Sports Coaching, Exercise Physiology & Nutrition, Sports Biomechanics and Kinesiology, Sports Psychology and Sociology, Exercise Physiology, Sports Psychology – with NET qualification in relevant Major.
- M.Sc in Physiology or any field of Life Sciences and allied sciences including Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Home Sciences and Nutrition, with NET qualification.
- M.Sc/M.Tech in Physics / Applied Physics / Biophysics / Medical Physics with NET qualification.
- JRF candidates will be given preference
- Candidates appearing for final exam of Masters degree in 2019 can apply with marks sheet of first year
Click here for Model Question Paper for Ph.D. in Sports Science
- 28 years as on 01-08-2019 (General category). Age relaxation for reserved categories as per UGC rules.
Candidates should apply ONLINE (or, OFFLINE application in prescribed format) with the following documents:
- Certificate / Final marks sheet of M.Sc degree (candidates appearing for final exam of Masters degree can submit marks sheet of first year),
- NET score card,
- One page research proposal stating the field of interest (preferably in tune with the current research activities of the Department).
(i) Shortlisted JRF candidates will be contacted and called for interview.
(ii) Shortlisted non-JRF candidates will have to appear for Research Eligibility Test (RET)
How to apply
A. Apply online and pay online
Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
(While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.)
Once Application form is successfully submitted and fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
Applicants need to bring the Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart phone.
Last date of application: 30 July, 2019
B. Apply offline : Submit duly filled Application Form at the University Office
Application forms can also be collected free of charge from RKMVERI Reception Counter at Belur Main Campus in person.
Application forms are also available online for download from RKMVERI website.
Submission of the Application Form
At the time of submission of completed applications, a fee of Rs. 300/- should be paid in cash at RKMVERI Admission Counter on or before 30 July 2019 (except Sundays during office hours: 10 am to 5 pm).
Application Fee can also be paid online. Click here for Online Application Fee. Once payment is successful, you will receive payment confirmation in email, print it and submit it along with filled Application form.
Receipt should be shown at the entrance of Admission Exam hall.
Last date of application: 30 July 2019
- Shortlisted JRF candidates will be contacted and called for inteview.
- Shortlisted non-JRF candidates will have to appear for Research Eligibility Test (RET)