Next batch of admissions for all Sports Science and Yoga programs are scheduled to take place in the next academic-session 2021-22
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. in Sports Science to be conducted at University’s Main campus at Belur during the academic session 2019-20.
- Exercise Physiology / Science in Sports
- Bio mechanical aids for Sports
- Performance enhancement of sports (through scientific analysis of metabolism, pharmacology, physiology, diet and nutrition, and through low cost innovative instrumentation)
- Adapted Sports (sports for the disabled)
- Health and lifestyle improvement in disable persons by means of specific training program and health analysis encompassing exercise physiology, biochemistry, biomechanics, computational statistics
- Translational research involving exercise physiology, cardio-pulmonary system and cellular metabolism to evaluate and improve performance in sports persons.
- M.Sc in Exercise & Sports Sciences, Sports Nutrition, Sports Management, Sports Coaching, Exercise Physiology & Nutrition, Sports Biomechanics and Kinesiology, Sports Psychology and Sociology, Exercise Physiology, Sports Psychology – with NET qualification in relevant Major.
- M.Sc in Physiology or any field of Life Sciences and allied sciences including Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Home Sciences and Nutrition, with NET qualification.
- M.Sc/M.Tech in Physics / Applied Physics / Biophysics / Medical Physics with NET qualification.
- JRF candidates will be given preference
- Candidates appearing for final exam of Masters degree in 2019 can apply with marks sheet of first year
Click here for Model Question Paper for Ph.D. in Sports Science
- 28 years as on 01-08-2019 (General category). Age relaxation for reserved categories as per UGC rules.
Candidates should apply ONLINE (or, OFFLINE application in prescribed format) with the following documents:
- Certificate / Final marks sheet of M.Sc degree (candidates appearing for final exam of Masters degree can submit marks sheet of first year),
- NET score card,
- One page research proposal stating the field of interest (preferably in tune with the current research activities of the Department).
- Shortlisted JRF candidates will be contacted and called for inteview.
- Shortlisted non-JRF candidates will have to appear for Research Eligibility Test (RET)
Course Fee :
|Fee Component||1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester (Onward)|
|Admission cum Registration||5,000||0||0|
|Caution Deposit (refundable)||3,000||0||0|
|Online Convenience fee||200||150||100|
|Payment Due Date||At the time of Admission||Beginning of 2nd semester||Beginning of 3rd semester|