Admission to PhD in Sports Science will be notified here when open
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. in Sports Science to be conducted at University’s Main campus at Belur.
- Exercise Physiology / Science in Sports
- Bio mechanical aids for Sports
- Performance enhancement of sports (through scientific analysis of metabolism, pharmacology, physiology, diet and nutrition, and through low cost innovative instrumentation)
- Adapted Sports (sports for the disabled)
- Health and lifestyle improvement in disable persons by means of specific training program and health analysis encompassing exercise physiology, biochemistry, biomechanics, computational statistics
- Translational research involving exercise physiology, cardio-pulmonary system and cellular metabolism to evaluate and improve performance in sports persons.
- M.Sc in Exercise & Sports Sciences, Sports Nutrition, Sports Management, Sports Coaching, Exercise Physiology & Nutrition, Sports Biomechanics and Kinesiology, Sports Psychology and Sociology, Exercise Physiology, Sports Psychology – with NET qualification in relevant Major.
- M.Sc in Physiology or any field of Life Sciences and allied sciences including Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Home Sciences and Nutrition, with NET qualification.
- M.Sc/M.Tech in Physics / Applied Physics / Biophysics / Medical Physics with NET qualification.
- JRF candidates will be given preference
- Candidates appearing for final exam of Masters degree in 2019 can apply with marks sheet of first year
Click here for Model Question Paper for Ph.D. in Sports Science
- 28 years as on 01-08-2019 (General category). Age relaxation for reserved categories as per UGC rules.
Candidates should apply ONLINE (or, OFFLINE application in prescribed format) with the following documents:
- Certificate / Final marks sheet of M.Sc degree (candidates appearing for final exam of Masters degree can submit marks sheet of first year),
- NET score card,
- One page research proposal stating the field of interest (preferably in tune with the current research activities of the Department).
- Shortlisted JRF candidates will be contacted and called for inteview.
- Shortlisted non-JRF candidates will have to appear for Research Eligibility Test (RET)
Course Fee :
|Fee Component||1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester (Onward)|
|Admission cum Registration||5,000||0||0|
|Caution Deposit (refundable)||3,000||0||0|
|Online Convenience fee||200||150||100|
|Payment Due Date||At the time of Admission||Beginning of 2nd semester||Beginning of 3rd semester|