Applications are closed now
Applications are invited from Male candidates for M Sc. / M.A. in Yoga (2 years, full-time programme) for the academic session starting July-2019.
( Students having undergraduate degree in Science/ Engineering / Medical will get M.Sc (Yoga) degree, students having undergraduate degree in other disciplines such as Arts,Humanities, Commerce etc. will get M.A (Yoga) degree)
- B.A.-Yoga / B.Sc-Yoga from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% Marks for Reserved Category),
- Graduation/ Post Graduation in any discipline + Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga, both from recognised University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% Marks for Reserved Category)
- Students who are appearing for final exam of PGDY in 2019 can apply with the first semester marks sheet
Maximum Age limit
- General category: 28 years as on 1/7/2019
- Reserved categories: 33 yeras (Age limit relaxation for reserved categories as per Govt. rules)
How to apply
A. Apply online and pay online
Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
(While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.)
Once Application form is successfully submitted and fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
Applicants need to bring the Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart phone.
Last date of application: 28 June, 2019
B. Submit duly filled Application Form at the University Office
Application forms can also be collected free of charge from RKMVERI Reception Counter at Belur Main Campus in person.
Application forms are also available online for download from RKMVERI website.
Submission of the Application Form
At the time of submission of completed applications, a fee of Rs. 300/- should be paid in cash at RKMVERI Admission Counter on or before 28 June 2019 (except Sundays during office hours: 10 am to 5 pm).
Application Fee can also be paid online. Click here for Online Application Fee. Once payment is successful, you will receive payment confirmation in email, print it and submit it along with filled Application form.
Receipt should be shown at the entrance of Admission Exam hall.
Candidates from out side West Bengal can apply also. After Filling up the application contact 9836231667. Arrangement will be made for admission test/ Interview in the nearest possible location in the state where the candidate is currently staying/studying.
- The admission test will be a comprehensive test on various subjects taught at the PG Diploma level (e.g., Hatha Yoga, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Yoga sutra etc.). Additionally there will be a test on English and Sanskrit (basic level)
- Total 100 marks, time 1 hours
- See Sample Question Paper
Belur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
Click here for directions to reach the Belur Campus.
- Admission test and Interview : 30 June 2019, 12pm.
- Results of Admission test : 2 July 2019, 5.00 pm (result will be published in website https://sy.rkmvu.ac.in)
- Admission: 3-8 July, 2019
- Classes begin: Monday 8 July, 2019
Course Fee (total) : 45,000/-
|Fee Component||1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Admission cum Registration||5,000||0||0||0|
|Caution Deposit (refundable)||3,000||0||0||0|
|Payment Due Date||28 June 2019 (at the time of Admission)||15 January 2020 (beginning of 2nd semester)||Beginning of 3rd semester||Beginning of 4th semester|
Admitted students will be provided residential facility in the University hostel. Outstation candidates will also be provided residential facility in the University hostel
- Monthly mess charges : Rs.2,000/-
- Monthly room rent: Rs.1,000/-
The course content has been developed following the UGC guidelines. See syllabus