M.Sc. / M.A. in Yoga Admissions – 2019
Applications are invited from Male candidates for M Sc. / M.A. in Yoga (2 years, full-time programme) for the academic session starting July-2019.
- B.A.-Yoga / B.Sc-Yoga from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate, or,
- Graduation/ Post Graduation in any discipline + Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga, both from recognised University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
- Students having undergraduate degree in Science/ Engineering / Medical will get M.Sc (Yoga) degree
- Students having undergraduate degree in other disciplines such as Arts,Humanities, Commerce etc. will get M.A (Yoga) degree
Maximum Age limit
- General category: 28 years as on 1/7/2019
- Reserved categories: Age limit relaxation for reserved categories as per Govt. rules
How to apply
Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
(While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.)
Once Application form is successfully submitted and fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded and printed from the Online Application Portal.
Applicants need to bring the Admit Card on the day of the entrance examination. Alternatively, they may carry their Admit Card (PDF) in their smart phone.
Last date of application: 31 May 2019
- The admission test will be a comprehensive test on various subjects taught at the PG Diploma level (e.g., Hatha Yoga, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Yoga sutra etc.). Additionally there will be a test on English and Sanskrit (basic level)
- Total 100 marks, time 2 hours
Belur Main Campus (just at the entrance of Belur Math)
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Belur Math, Howrah 711202, West Bengal
Click here for directions to reach the Belur Campus.
- Admission test: 9 June 2019, 12.30 pm – 2.30 pm
- Results of Admission test : 12 June 2019, 5.00 pm (result will be published in website https://sy.rkmvu.ac.in)
- Interview: 15 June 2019, 11.00 am
- Results of Interview : 17 June 2019 (result will be published in website https://sy.rkmvu.ac.in)
- Last date of admission: 28 June 2019
- Classes begin: Monday 1 July 2019
|Fee Component||1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Admission cum Registration||5,000||0||0||0|
|Caution Deposit (refundable)||3,000||0||0||0|
|Payment Due Date||28 June 2019 (at the time of Admission)||15 January 2020 (beginning of 2nd semester)||Beginning of 3rd semester||Beginning of 4th semester|
The MA in Yoga program is a residential program. Admitted students will be required to stay in University hostel, because some classes will be held in early mornings and also in the evenings. Unless a student stays in commuting distance of less than an hour, it will be difficult for him to attend the classes.
- Admission to the hostel can be obtained by filling up separate application during admission.
- Amount to pay at the time of admission to the hostel: Rs. 12,000/- [total]
- Refundable Caution Deposit (refundable at the time of leaving after completion of studies, after suitable deduction for wear and tear if any): Rs.6000/- [breakup: Rs.4000/- (boarding advance for two months) + Rs.2000/- (lodging advance for two months)]
- Lodging (room rent) charges for 6 months of the first semester: Rs.6000/-Thus, the total amount payable at the time of admission to the hostel: Rs.12000/-
- Monthly mess charges : Rs.2,000/-
- Monthly room rent: Rs.1,000/-
The course content has been developed following the UGC guidelines. See syllabus