Applications are invited from MALE candidates only, for admission to the Integrated (M.Phil.+Ph.D.) in Sports Science with the following eligibility criteria to be conducted at University’s Main campus at Belur to begin from July 2018 during the academic session 2018-19.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Important Dates
- How to Apply
- Structure of the Admission Test
- Course Fees and Other details
- Hostel Facilities
- Other Aspects
- Application Form & Admit Card
M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Physiology/Psychology/Sports Science/any other allied subject OR Postgraduate in Engineering in any discipline OR M.P.T./M.P.Ed., with minimum 55% marks from any recognised University.
Age Limit : 35 yrs
Please note the following:
- Candidates who have appeared in their respective final examinations, results are awaited, may also apply.
- Relaxation of marks and age limit for SC/ST category as per Government Rules.
- 01 June 2018 (Friday): Last date for receiving applications.
- 09 June 2018 (Saturday): Written test from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm (2 hrs) for (M.Phil.+Ph.D.) in Sports Science.
- 16 or 17 June 2018 (Sunday): Interview from 10:30 am for (M.Phil.+Ph.D.) in Sports Science.
- The admission process will start from 18 June 2018 and continue till 23 June 2018.
- 4 July 2018 (Wednesday): Commencement of classes from 10:00 am.
How to Apply
Application forms and Admit Card can either be downloaded from the website or collected from the University’s central office at Belur (just outside the Belur Math main gate). Please read the instructions printed in the application form carefully. All the relevant information of the application must be duly filled and submitted along with a fee of Rs.300/-, payable by Demand Draft made in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute’ OR simply RKMVERI, Belur Math’ (preferably United Bank of India or State Bank of India, Belur Math Branch) or by cash. Completed application forms along with the Demand Draft may be submitted in any of the following ways:
- By post or in person addressed to:
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
(Deemed-to-be-University as declared by Govt of India under UGC Act, 1956)
PO Belur Math, Howrah, West Bengal 711202
- Send the completed application preferably in pdf format by email to:
. Bring a printout of the completed application form and printout of the email sent to us along with the demand draft or cash to the University’s central office at Belur on the day of the entrance test at least one hour before the commencement of the admission test.
Applicants will have to duly fill in the admit card details and bring it on the day of the admission test.
Note: Please do not submit the admit card along with your application.
Structure of the Admission Test
The written test will be for 50 marks to be completed in 2 hours. The candidates will be tested in English comprehension and communication, reasoning ability, logical thinking and general aptitude. See the sample question paper provided in the website.
Course Fee and Other Details
Candidates short-listed on the basis of the written test will appear for an interview on the date mentioned above. Those finally selected may take admission by paying fees as given below. Those failing to take admission before the stipulated date without explicit permission from the authority will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
- Tuition fee – Rs.6000/- for each semester.
- Admission cum registration fee (one time)- Rs.5000/-
- Lab fee (one time) – Rs.3000/-
- Examination fee – Rs.1000/- for each semester
- ID Card – Rs.50/-
- Caution Deposit (one time, refundable) – Rs.3000/-
The selected and willing candidates should take admission by paying a total amount of Rs.18050/- (Rs.6000/- + Rs.5000/-+Rs.3000/-+ Rs.1000/-+ Rs.50/-+ Rs.3000/- = Rs.18050/-). After this they have to pay the semester fee and the examination fee at the beginning of each semester.
A limited number of seats for male candidates are available in the hostel inside the University campus. Students requiring admission to the hostel have to apply separately. The fee structure for accommodation and food in the hostel is as follows:
- Hostel admission fee: Rs 500/- (one time).
- Hostel accommodation fee: Rs 500/- per month.
- Hostel Deposit (one time, refundable, after deduction for wear and tear): Rs 5000/-
- Food charges: Rs.2000/- per month
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Proper dress code will be required for the discipline of sports science as will be specified at the time of admission.
- For any further inquiries please contact the Reception Desk at the Belur Main Campus: Phone: 033-26549999